Monday, November 16, 2009

Shopping in Canberra

It was lovely, simply lovely at Mathilda's Market on Sunday in Canberra. The venue was intimate, the retailers (and their products) were adorable and the shoppers appeared to have a fantastic time shopping, browsing, and catching up with friends. This time I made sure I took time out to do my Christmas Shopping, and I got a little carried away ... so much so, I almost could not fit it all into my suitcase to go back home to Melbourne. Ha!
Here's a small selection of  what I bought:
From Little Living (www.littleliving.com.au/):
Reindeer Garland, Advent Calendar, Christmas Decoration (all gorgeous red felt):


From Handle With Care (www.handle-with-care.com.au/):
This beautiful Ivy Design Hairband for my 2.5 yr old daughter Abigail (I bought the red one on the left)


From Poppy Bean and Bloss (http://www.poppybeanandbloss.com.au/):
A high quality art folder for my eight year old daughter Mathilda, who can't stop drawing. I bought the one in the middle with the red & blue pigs on it! It came with a set of pencils and a notebook. All ready to go.

Of course, I could not go past the amazing collection of fabrics from Jennie from Posie Patchwork. In fact, I could have bought her entire stall, if only: a) I had enough space in our house, b) I had a larger suitcase with me, and c) a husband who would understand that it is ok to buy things you don't necessarily need, but are so beautiful, they make you happy!

On Sunday we're hosting our final Mathilda's Market for 2009, held at the Hawthorn Town Hall, from 9am to 1pm. It will be our biggest Mathilda's Market yet, with well over 80 stalls. I am not sure yet how to manage my shopping urge, as I have been drooling over what to buy from whom (see our retailer's list here).

See you all on Sunday!
Anne from Mathilda's Market

1 comment:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Wow, thanks Anne, loved the event, just so much fun & a fantastic vibe!! Lovely to meet you, thanks for the shopping & see you next time, love Posie

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...