Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oh We Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside ...



I'm spending a leisurely, summery week in Jervis Bay, on the south coast of NSW, enjoying the luxury of having two very willing and dedicated babysitters (my parents) on call twenty four hours a day. It's just about my idea of heaven at this time in my life! This is the most lush and physically stunning area, and happens to be home to Hyams Beach, which is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as having the most brilliantly white sand in the world. See for yourself!



Hmmmm, not bad, is it? I'm so excited to be taking Edie there. I mean, if you're going to take your little one to the beach for the VERY first time, you may as well make sure the sand she'll be eating is the most pure and pristine around! On the subject of the seaside, I've just been checking out the Lil Ludy website and I'm going to make sure I've got one of their swimming costumes for her in time for our next trip here. Trudi Steyger is the creator behind Lil Ludy, which makes gorgeous swimwear just for kids. One of the many wonderful things to like about this business is the ethical and responsible way they operate. All their swimwear is Australian made and designed, so it's "sweatshop free". I took a very happy trip down nostalgia lane while looking at their latest range for Summer 09/10. Trudi grew up in the seventies in coastal Queensland, and much of the inspiration for her designs come from the beachy fashions of that era. Trudi and I are the same vintage and I smiled with fond recollection when I saw this Leaf Print & Disty Floral Frill Bikini - the cut could have time travelled straight from 1979!



And as rashshirts go, they don't come much better than these ones from the Lil Ludy range. They're made from a revolutionary lycra material that repels water on the outside, like water off a duck's back, yet remains breathable. They're also UPF 50+, whether wet or dry. I love any garment that reduces the need for the time consuming application of messy sunscreen, so these get the Mathilda's tick of approval.



Here's my "must-have" item from the collection: these snappy little nappy pants. A far better alternative than the environmentally damaging disposable kind - not to mention, waaaaay more beautiful! Your bub will be super adorable at the pool in these.



And the boys will stand out from the crowd in these Hawaiian trunks. Hot stuff!


So a big thumbs up for this Queensland company protecting our kids from the hot Aussie sun while producing swimmwear that's the height of cool. Thanks for the memories, Lil Ludy!

Peta x
Mathilda's Market Blogger


Bookmark and Share



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...