Thursday, February 25, 2010

Getting To Know ... Penny from Pocket Carnival

Penny Eager is the creator behind Pocket Carnival


I am passionate about …
My business, delicious food, helping the environment, and of course my friends and family.

I get frustrated when …
Things don’t happen fast enough. And when I see a problem and I can’t fix it.

I started my business because …
I began by trying as many art & craft forms as I could, and loved being so creative! And in the end I realised I preferred creating things and working for myself to any other job I’ve had or could think of, so here I am!

If handed $100,000 in an envelope and instructed to spend it however I pleased, I would …
I would love to spend a large chunk of it on my business. Part of it would be for a sewing machine that’s not quite so noisy as mine! Some more would go to having fun times with family & friends, and I’d also love to be able to support organisations giving women business skills.

If I could be anywhere right now I’d be …
In Tokyo, for super-cuteness inspiration, or in Brooklyn, eating bagels and visiting friends – lots of my friends are migrating there, I wish some would stay in Melbourne!

I think the biggest obstacle our kids will face in the future is …
The degradation of our environment.

My favourite item from our product range is …
Our new organic cotton purses – especially the Beetle Friends coinpurses!

The hardest part of running my business is …
Wearing so many caps! Sewing everything, doing the marketing, answering emails, posting items, designing new products … on it goes!

I love sipping on …
A mug of black tea in the morning to wake me up.

The best part of my day is …
I used to not be a morning person, but recently I’ve started really enjoying being awake bright & early. The day is so full of possibilities! I also love going to the Post Office around 3pm every day, it’s nice to get out of the house.

My favourite food is …
This week, it’s soba noodle soup & rice paper rolls. Fresh, healthy food is another passion of mine, I even have a food blog! http://vegerati.blogspot.com/

I struggle with …
Deadlines & my sewing machine.

Friendship to me means …
Friends make each other happy during fun times, and are there for each other during not-so-fun times. My friends are amazing!

I just can’t live without …
Peppermint tea, my partner Chris, and constantly checking my email (in no particular order!)

Find Pocket Carnival at Mathilda's Market in Melbourne at the Hawthorn Town Hall on Sunday 14 March.
 
 
 



 


Bookmark and Share




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...