Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Not a mother hen

I love my kids, but I am no mother hen. Especially when it comes to school lunches. I make lunches for the kids because I have to, and for me it's a chore every day. I don't cook chocolate muffins or make pasta salad for their lunches. I put in whatever I can find in the fridge and pantry. I make sure it’s a good mix between fruit, fibre, etc. But it's certainly not exciting. But what I find really frustrating is when the lunch boxes don't come back home - not missing in action for a day or so, but gone forever. Or perhaps only the lid comes back, or only the container, without the lid. Or the container comes back after 2 terms with a peeled apple having happily rotted away for 6 months. Yummy.

Now Klickbox is a great concept (in fact new to Australia), though it won't take the chore away of having to make lunches - at least you can be guaranteed to have the container back WITH the lid. This is because they actually attach the lid to the container. Yeah.


 
Klickbox is already a household name in Germany and it easy to see why. Klickboxes are perfect for packing sandwiches and snacks, but also provide handy storage for just about any item in the home or garage, including medical, art, craft, hobby, sewing, fishing and building supplies. Though I think lunch boxes are your best bet. Klickboxes are affordable and are built to last. I can vouch for this, as I am from Germany originally and have been using them since I was little!


The little cup with handle is perfect for toddlers!

Unlike some other well-known food storage products sold in Australia, Klickboxes are completely free of BPA, lead and PVC. And yes, they are also dishwasher and microwave safe. And best of all they’re affordable (i.e. a proper lunch container is only $9.99).

You buy them online now, or find Klickbox at Mathilda's Market at the Hawthorn Town Hall in Sunday 14 March.

Cheers
Anne x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...