Thursday, November 25, 2010

Shopping heaven in Melbourne....



Melbourne had its last Mathilda’s Market on Sunday, which was a Christmas themed event, and I had a fantastic (and very productive!) morning shopping. I’m the first to admit I love a bit of retail therapy! As expected the venue at Caulfield Racecourse was packed by the time I got there and I was bowled over by the amazing displays and gorgeous stuff on offer. 

Browsing the aisles, it wasn’t long before I was doing some serious damage to my wallet, all in the name of Christmas presents of course. First up I bought my son some t-shirts from Oishi–m. It always seems so much harder to find cute stuff for little boys so thank god for these guys who have heaps of divine tees and jeans. Heaven for little men!
Then it was on to Wallallure to get a dinosaur chalkboard sticker for his room. He has recently moved to a big bed so I’m in the middle of re-decorating and love the fact that these are so easy to move around without trashing walls. Especially as the current dinosaur obsession might be short lived!

Next up was one of my favourites, Ensparkle Ceramics. So much gorgeous china to choose from and before long I was suckered in and ordered a super cute babychino cup with a red fire engine design for my little man and also a very gorgeous milk jug with a cow motif for myself.  This range is such a brilliant idea for presents as you can personalise each item with names and designs.



Feeling very happy by this point I moved on to Nog’n Piep, whose designs I’ve been admiring online for a while, where I picked up a very sweet toy owl for a friend’s upcoming baby shower and some Christmas decorations.  On the Christmas theme I bought some cards from Katy Jane Designs, which made me feel very organised, but with a very long list of friends and family overseas, I now just have to find the time to write them- fast!



Lastly I treated myself to an early Christmas present from the lovely girls at Koolaman Designs where I ordered a Kate Chain and pendant engraved with my son’s name and date of birth. I love the fact that you can keep adding pendants to these necklaces and when we welcome our next bundle of joy in February I’ll certainly be adding to mine.



By now I was feeling like I had given my bank balance a pretty decent work out so I headed home somewhat reluctantly with my purchases  - believe me I could have carried happily on until closing time.

Roll on 2011 and the next wave of Mathilda’s Markets, and in the meantime happy shopping for all of you that have Mathilda’s Market Canberra to look forward to this Sunday and then Sydney on Sunday 5 December. I’m jealous, I could do it all again!

Jenny
Mathilda’s Market Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...