Now school is back or about to be in other states, it's the perfect time to try out a new slice for lunchboxes - and this one even has fruit and vegies in it!
(for nut-free schools, use sunflower or other seeds instead of pecans)
- ¾ cup (140g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 2 carrots)
- ¾ cup (115g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda, sifted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (20g) shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (30g) chopped pecans
- honey, to serve
Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Place the sugar, oil and eggs in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the pineapple, banana and carrot and mix to combine. Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, coconut and pecans and mix to combine. Spoon into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in the tin. Slice and serve with honey. Serves 6–8.