375g packet mixed dried fruit
125g slivered almonds
200g mixed glace cherries, finely chopped
1/4 cup plain flour, sifted
150g butter, chopped
1/2 cup honey
1 egg, lightly beaten
200g good-quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a 3cm-deep, 18cm x 28cm (base) slab pan. Line with baking paper (see note).
- Combine dried fruit, almonds and cherries in a large bowl. Stir in the flour.
- Combine butter and honey in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until butter melts. Allow to cool slightly. Add honey mixture and egg to fruit mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and smooth surface. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside in pan to cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, until almost melted. Stir until smooth. Spread chocolate over cooled slice. Set aside for 2 hours or until set. Cut into pieces. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.