Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pièce de résistance

We are so busy wrapping up 2009 and preparing for Mathilda's Markets around the country in 2010 that yesterday it dawned on me ... "I still haven't posted pics to the blog of Mathilda's in Canberra! Argh!" Reflecting back on that Market in November, while it didn't have as many retailers as some of the other Mathilda's Markets, every single stall was just exquisite, and some just that little bit quirky. I'd probably go as far as to say it was our surprise pièce de résistance!  

Lots of happy shoppers ...







The lovely ladies from the Emperor’s Laundry ...



The talented Sally and Phoebe from Mackenzie & Smith created these ...





I fondly remember cooing over these lovely ceramic hand painted milk jugs by Ensparkle Ceramics (made with non toxic, lead free paint and glaze), and now of course, I'm berating myself for not taking one home with me on the day (but in my defence I had suitcase size and space issues, you see).



They are described as such in their online shop: The cow on this jug is French, yet thankfully not of the 'snobby parisian' variety and does not mind whether you fill him with milk, juice ... or even wine! I love this description! I think $60 is a reasonable price to pay for such a wonderful jug that will bring years of handmade happiness. I'll be picking one up next time I'm in Canberra. You can buy it here right now, if you like it as much as I do.

Our next Mathilda's Market in Canberra is on Sat 28 February at the Park Hyatt (this time with about 60 stalls) and I can't wait to see the beautiful surprises in store this time around.

Anne x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...