Monday, May 24, 2010

Getting To Know ... Vanessa from Gelati Art



I am passionate about … my family, my business: Gelati Art, and my home.

I get frustrated when … I have computer problems!

I started my business because … I couldn’t find anything for my children’s walls when I was decorating their first rooms in 2005 and 2006.

My favourite TV show is … ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ – my daughter, Isabella and I love watching it together. It’s our special mummy and daugther time. I also love ‘Australian Story’.

If I could be anywhere right now I’d be … Sipping a glass of champagne with my girlfriend, Ness, who moved to the USA a few years ago. I miss her dreadfully.

I am most proud of … My children – Isabella, who is seven years old and Alexander, who is five years old. They are the sunshine of my life and my proudest achievement.


My favourite item from our product range is … Our large Strawberry canvas giclee print with ribbon trim. I have one hanging above my daughter’s bed and every time I walk past her room I think to myself how lovely it looks. I also love our ‘My Very Own Initial’ canvases. My son has an ‘A’ hanging above his bed – I never tire of this classic design.


I love listening to ... At the moment a bit of Duffy. My kids and I love dancing around the kitchen to her on the weekends while my husband cooks something yummy for us.

My heart sings when … My children tell me they love me.

The hardest part of running my business is … Finding enough hours in the day to do everything that I would like to do with my business.

I love sipping on … French champagne if it's on offer, or failing that, a lychee martini or tall glass of Sangria will do.

One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen is ... My son, Alexander, dressed up as a beautiful princess in a tutu, high heels and tiara. (His sister styled him one day when they were bored).

The best part of my day is … Every part. Life is good.

My favourite food is … Anything I don’t have to cook and anything with seafood in it. I don’t eat meat so seafood is an essential part of my life.

I struggle with … Finding time to fit in visits to the gym at the moment.

Friendship to me means … Knowing you have each other to turn to or call on for help if the need arises …I am blessed to have some truly wonderful friends. We all look out for each other.

I just can’t live without … My husband (my soulmate and best friend) and my children.
 


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Elaine Power said...

What a lovely interview with Matilda markets, wish I lived closer to be able to be a part of it, I know how you feel about your friend same happened to me thank goodness for skype.
Love your prints they are very stylish. :)

Vanessa O'Sullivan said...

Thanks for featuring me and Gelati Art on your blog. I absolutely love being involved in Mathildas Market. It's fun, inspiring and rewarding! Thanks Anne and crew. Vanessa x.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...